NetSquared Seeks Event Hosts to Share the Power of #Tech4good
NetSquared is a volunteer-led program of TechSoup that builds the technology capacity of nonprofits through networking and training events. Organizers plan monthly meetups, but you don't need to be a tech expert. As a volunteer organizer, your role is to be the host, manage the venue and recruit guest speakers who will present case studies and share best practices.
As a NetSquared organizer, you will become known as someone who's a leader in the tech for good community. As an event host, you build your reputation, develop new tech skills, and give back. There no pay – except for tremendous karma and having an excuse to hang out with other cool people.
Core Characteristics of a NetSquared Group
- Happen once per quarter (ideally monthly).
- Are usually in-person, but online during COVID-19.
- Build the digital marketing and technology skills of nonprofits, charities and libraries.
- Are free or by donation.
It depends, but a good estimate is one hour per week.
Benefits Of Being a NetSquared Organizer
NetSquared organizers discover that hosting events is among the most satisfying work they've ever done because they can:
- Build a reputation as an expert and network with their local nonprofit tech community.
- Be independent — they don't need to ask anyone's permission to get things done.
- Better structure their volunteer time.
How We Will Support You
We're here to help you create amazing events. We offer:
- Subscription to Meetup.com.
- Peer support, sharing best practices, and event ideas from 250 organizers who have gone before you.
- Cheerleading and encouragement from the NetSquared community manager.
- Event templates.
- Promotion of your events across the TechSoup network, including our blogs, newsletters, and calendars.
Questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org