Social media marketing can be a powerful tool for nonprofits. Through social media platforms, nonprofits can reach larger audiences and access more information than ever before at a low cost. Nonprofits who use social media can gain a distant advantage over those who neglect social media or do not have a proper strategy in place. This presentation will provide a framework for building your nonprofit social media strategy and planning. You will learn new ways to:
• Apply best practices for Social Media concepts to nonprofits.
• Understand strategies for using Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for nonprofits.
• Create strategies to increase your email marketing lists with people who will actively support your mission.
• Effectively recruit and retain volunteers.
• Approach requests for donations and engage corporate donors.
• Find tools and utilize platforms in ways that work for you and your organizational budget.
Jennifer Novak is a self-described digital media & technology geek with experience in several industries, including nonprofits and social services organizations. Jennifer founded Next Rise Marketing to combine her career experience, education, and personal interests. She currently does digital marketing, including social media, AdWords, e-mail marketing and building WordPress websites. A social-media geek, Jennifer has presented on digital marketing topics to groups including Tampa Bay WordPress, Tampa Bay Social Enterprise Alliance, and Southeastern Social Enterprise Alliance Summit.
Jennifer earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from Barton College in North Carolina, a Web Design Certificate from the University of Central Florida, and is pursuing an MBA from Webster University. In her free time, she enjoys photography, videography, moderating Twitter chats, keeping up with other #NASAsocial alumni, and some other fairly nerdy things.