Opportunity: Host a networking activity for nonprofit tech colleagues
Where:NTC--the Nonprofit Technology Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, United States When: April 8-10, 2010 Why: TechSoup is showcasing the skills in our community (your skills!) What up to 3 people will win: Support for your networking activity, and TSG will help with NTC costs: NTC registration, 3 nights hotel, plus up to USD$700 in travel costs. Proposals due: Friday, March 5, 2010 by 5:00 Pacific Standard Time Winners announced: Wednesday, March 10, 2010
As a partner, you've made a strong contribution to the TechSoup Global community. You are invited to submit a proposal for a networking event at NTC.
TechSoup Global is hosting the Member Lounge at NTC--the Nonprofit Technology Conference in Atlanta April 8-10, 2010. The Member Lounge is a room where our colleagues can connect.
We need your help making the Member Lounge a dynamic hub of activity. We want to help our nonprofit tech colleagues get the most out of their conference experience: by meeting each other and forming strong relationships. Help make the nonprofit tech community stronger.
Activity proposals are accepted in three areas:
* Day-long or multi day activities (camps, scavenger hunts, self tagging)
* Focused events of an hour or two in the Member Lounge (speed geeking, mixed reality, workshops, training, NPTech: The Musical)
* Free range activities that start at the Member Lounge (tours, conference buddy matching)
Here's what you have to work with:
* Marketing Support: A prominent double booth at the Science Fair (NTC's tradeshow) to promote your activity, and the marketing help to make it successful
* Space: Access to the Member Lounge room for your activity
* AV/Tech: Wireless internet access, projector, power, PA
* Budget: Up to USD$500 to spend on food, drink, props, supplies
* Event Help: At least 2 hours of event assistance from our end
What will you get in return?
* We'll treat you right with
o TechSoup Activity Organizer business cards and a hoodie
o 2 hours of personal brand consultation
o Inclusion of your activity with credit in the forthcoming TechSoup Global Conference Toolkit * TSG staff will market your activity
o Pre- and post- blog posts about you and your activity on the TechSoup Global Blog
o Promote the activity at our double booth at the Science Fair
o Social media promo: Second Life, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook etc o Recognition in prominent signage at the event * TSG will cover the majority of your U.S. NTC costs
o Comped NTC registration for one person
o 3 nights at the NTC hotel
o Up to USD$700 in travel costs
o At least one beer (and possibly several)
To enter, email your idea for a networking activity at NTC to email@example.com, OR post it as a comment here. Please clearly state the goal of the activity, write what would happen at the activity, and how many participants you could accommodate. Up to three proposals will be selected.
This challenge is an experiment for us. Please feel free to ask questions and give us feedback in the comments.