Philly Net Tuesday livestreamed and recorded a deep dive into the principles, practices, opportunities and challenges of using Big Data, Open Data, proprietary data, Philly data, U.S. Census Data, NSA data (oops, strike that), Federal Reserve Bank data, geographic, and other types of data to achieve positive impacts in organizations and communities.
They focused on using data to make good decisions that can lead to beneficial outcomes for our society. How to locate, understand, interpret and use data to identify trends and predict outcomes will frame our discussion.
We assembled an impressive panel of data professionals. They are:
• Noemi Mendez Eliasen, Data Dissemination Specialist, U.S.Department of Commerce, U.S. Census Bureau
• Phil Pierdimenico, GIS & Data Analyst, Philabundance
• Katie Nelson, Associate Director of Data and Product Development, TRF PolicyMap
• Keith Wardrip, Community Development Research Manager, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
• Aaron Ogle, Manager, Office of Civic Technology, City of Philadelphia